One Workforce Program (Students)
The One Workforce Program is designed to engage industries through sector partnerships to develop and implement comprehensive, employer-driven workforce strategies to move underemployed and unemployed individuals into middle-to-high skilled careers. The goal of the project is to equip workers with emerging technical skills to build a stronger pipeline for employers in Technology and Advanced Manufacturing occupations in South Central Kansas. The One Workforce Project provides funds for employer-led training, including in-house or custom programs, or through scholarships to local colleges or universities in technology and advanced manufacturing based on employer needs.
Program Eligibility Requirements
To qualify for this scholarship, you need to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You are able to live and work in the US without need for work visa.
- You are at least 17 years old.
- You are not currently enrolled in secondary school (high school).
- You are unemployed or underemployed (work part time or earn less than $25,000 per year) OR If you are employed, be selected by employer for incumbent worker training resulting in advancement, with employer working to backfill position with underemployed or underemployed worker.
- You are pursuing a certification or degree program in Advanced Manufacturing or pursuing an Engineering or IT degree (this includes MIS, CS, and Applied Computing).
- You will earn a Technical Certificate or Degree by December 2024.
Do you meet the above requirements? Fill out the interest form below. Contact Sherry Whitson if you have any questions.
You can find more information about the One Workforce Program below. At the link below, you will find the list of current scholarship opportunities.