What opportunities do veterans have at WSU?
In recognition of the sacrifices made by those serving in the Armed Forces, Congress enacted laws to prevent veterans seeking Federal employment from being penalized because of time spent in military service. By law, veterans who are disabled or who served on active duty in the Armed Forces during certain specified periods or in military campaigns are generally entitled to preference over non-veterans.
Wichita State University is proud to be a leader in innovating our Veterans' Preference policy to extend beyond the parameters of the state of Kansas mandate to include all university positions.
Any applicant for employment who meets the criteria for Veterans' Preference will be guaranteed a first level interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the position applied and have applied by the priority consideration date.
What are the criteria to qualify?
- Have three years of active duty service in the regular service, Reserves, or National Guard
- Have earned a campaign medal
- Have a service-connected disability
- Have an Honorable or explainable general discharge
How do I submit for Veterans' Preference?
- When you apply for any position, you have multiple avenues to submit your Member 2 or Member 4 copy of your DD214.
- Once submitted, your DD214 does not have to be resubmitted for successive applications
To review and apply for jobs at WSU visit our applicant portal