Check University Libraries
The great librarians at University Libraries put together a customized search just for you! Use this to find books and peer reviewed articles on higher education:
What follows is a curated list of articles on various teaching topics. Each article was recommended for inclusion here by a Wichita State faculty member. Many articles are from the Chronicle of Higher Education, which WSU provides for free to instructors. You can access the Chronicle through MyWSU or directly through the University Libraries. You must be logged in.
- "How to Play in the College Classroom in a Pandemic, and Why You Should," Sarah Rose Cavanagh, 2/9/21, Chronicle of Higher Education.
- This article addresses 7 ways to lighten things up in classes.
- "Keeping Students from Going AWOL: The Link Between Pedagogy and Student Retention," Eric Michael French & Brendon Westler, 1/28/2017, Journal of Political Science
- This article focuses on student commitment to a course by examining the relationship between instructor pedagogical choices and rates of student retention.
- "Buiding Rapport to Improve Retention and Success in Online Classes," Rebecca Glazier, 10/1/2015, Journal of Political Scinece Education.
- This article focues on building rapport between instructors and students in online classes.