Tips to Succeed
You are already taking the first steps to succeed by completing the Online Orientation. Below are some specific steps to keep in mind while you are preparing and taking your course. In addition, we encourage you to read this short adaptation on Tips for Studying Smarter.
If you are a first time online learner, the following tips will help you have a successful online experience.
- Log on to your course(s) at least every other day
- Check discussion board, chats, assignments and calendar daily
- Participate, especially in group assignments
- Keep up with assignments
- Communicate with your peers, the instructor is not the only source of information for the course
- Contribute ideas or comments in chats and/or discussion
- Speak up if you have questions or problems
- Ask questions if you do not understand something
- Let your instructor know if you have technical problems
- Use chat room etiquette
- Be polite and respectful
You might find the following tips useful in developing your time management skills.
- Set priorities on a daily, weekly, and/or monthly basis.
- Ask yourself “what’s the best use of my time right now? And focus on that particular activity.
- Approach overwhelming responsibilities with a positive attitude, and learn to break large tasks into small, achievable ones.
- Set goals and reward yourself when you’ve accomplished them.
- Always remind yourself of the benefits you’ll derive from task completion.