Safe Zone LGBTQ+ Training
The goal of Safe Zone Training is to provide a safe and supportive network to the LGBTQ+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer) communities at Wichita State University. Providing a welcoming environment for LGBTQ+ persons establishes an identifiable network of individuals who can provide support, information and a safe place on- or off-campus. Those who have committed to being a Safe Zone Ally indicate that bigotry and discrimination, specifically regarding LGBTQ+ persons, are not tolerated.
The objectives for this module are to:
- Understand the mission of Safe Zone
- Recognize and understand LGBTQ+ terminology
- Become familiar with challenges and issues that impact LGBTQ+ individuals
- Understand the coming out process
- Recognize heterosexual privileges
- Learn how to be an LGBTQ+ ally
This training is approximately two and a half hours.
To request a private training session for your student organization or department, please fill out our training request form.
For more information, contact the Office of Diversity and Inclusion at (316) 978-3034.