Gender Diversity Training
The mission of Gender Diversity Training is to provide a safe and supportive network to the transgender, non-binary and gender non-conforming (gender diverse) communities at Wichita State University. This training works to provide safe spaces on campus that are highly visible and easily identifiable, where gender diverse persons can find that support and understanding. Those who have committed to being an ally indicate that bigotry and discrimination, specifically regarding gender diverse persons, are not tolerated.
The objectives for this module are to:
- Understand key elements of biological sex, gender identity and gender expression
- Recognize and understand key terminology
- Learn answers to questions regarding Trans individuals
- Understand the possible challenges and issues for Trans individuals
- Recognize cisgender privileges
- Learn how to be a Trans ally
This training will explain the key elements of biological sex, gender identity and gender expression; discuss the possible challenges and issues for Trans individuals; clarify common misconceptions; review Trans statistics, termonology and resources; and discuss how to be a Trans ally.
This training is approximately two and a half hours.
To request a private training session for your student organization or department, please fill out our training request form.
For more information, contact the Office of Diversity and Inclusion at (316) 978-3034.