WSUPD Compliment/Complaint Form

Compliments and Complaints

The Wichita State University Police Department strives for excellent public service. In order to do this, we need to hear from our community. If one of our WSUPD  employees does something that deserves a compliment or a complaint, please let us know. The following information listed will explain how to compliment our staff or to fill out a complaint.

Compliments can be submitted by phone (316-978-3450), or email to, or a letter addressed to the Chief of Police (University Police Department, 1845 N Fairmount Box 3, Wichita, KS 67260).

Complaints about the conduct or performance of police officers, parking services officers, communications specialist, or civilian employees are taken seriously and investigated fully. Use the complaint form to explain, in detail, the circumstances of the incident and list reasons you believe the employee or employees acted inappropriately.

You may deliver or mail the complaint form to the University Police Department, 1845 N Fairmount Box 3, Wichita, KS 67260, email it to or fill out our online complaint form. Upon receipt of your complaint, you may be contacted for additional information. At the conclusion of the investigation, you will receive a written response regarding the disposition of the investigation. However, you will not be provided with confidential personnel information, which includes information about disciplinary action taken against the employee(s).

This process will not determine the lawfulness of an arrest or citation, guilt or innocence of a criminal or traffic charge, or liability for violating rights. Those determinations are made in court proceedings. You will need to contact a private attorney on these matters.

Please complete the complaint form (pdf) with as much detail as possible. Be sure to include specific actions and statements, and avoid conclusions in describing any allegations of misconduct.

Complaints of Racial or Other Biased Policing.

It is unlawful in Kansas for law enforcement officers to use racial or other biased based policing in determining the basis for a stop, arrest or search. Refer to the University Police Department's Guideline on racial or other biased based policing. If you believe that an officer from this department engaged in racial or other biased-based policing, please complete the complaint form. You may submit the complaint form online, email to, or in-person at the Wichita State University Police Department, 1845 N Fairmount, Box 3, Wichita, KS 67260. You may also file a complaint directly with the Kansas Attorney General.

On-Line Compliment/Complaint Form