- All State of Kansas driving laws are in effect on campus. Fines for traffic infractions
are set by Kansas Statute 8-2118.
- Motorized vehicles driven on the campus must be operated with caution, compatible
with existing weather, pedestrian and vehicular conditions.
- The speed limit on campus streets is 20 mph. The speed limit in campus parking lots
is 15 mph. The speed limit in campus parking garages is 10 mph. All traffic control
signs, timed zones, loading zones, parking garage zones, service and physically disabled
stalls are in effect 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, unless otherwise stated on the
- No motorized vehicles, motor bikes, motorcycles, or mopeds shall be operated on the
grass, sidewalks, or pedestrian walkways of the campus (except support services vehicles).
Bicycles and Skateboards
- Bicyclists shall obey all vehicular traffic rules and be liable for applicable fines
- Skateboarding, rollerblading, and cycling is only permitted for individual transportation.
- Recreational skateboarding, rollerblading, and cycling that causes damage is prohibited
on campus sidewalks, parking lots, streets, drives, and other paved areas adjacent
to and inside University buidlings.
Snow Emergency Routes
- All campus streets and drives are designated as snow emergency routes when so declared
by the President of Wichita State University or a designated representative. Vehicles
blocking these routes are subject to fine and/or towing charges.