Withdrawing From Classes

Partial or complete withdrawals require the student to drop each course via the onilne system at mywsu.wichita.edu. Any refunds owed to you will be used to offset any financial obligations you may have at the university. If your financial aid paid all or part of your costs, all or a portion of any refund goes back to that financial aid source.

Refunds will be issued by the Accounts Receivable Office according to the policy on their website. Refunds will be directly deposited to the bank account you have specified or will be mailed to you by the Accounts Receivable Office. No one other than the Office of Financial Operations and Business Technology in 201 Jardine Hall or the Tuition Refund Board of Appeals is authorized to determine the amount of tuition refund a student will receive.

Students who, because of extenuating circumstances, seek a higher refund than is available by policy, must petition the Tuition Refund Board of Appeals. Petition forms are available at the Office of Financial Operations, 201 Jardine Hall or online. The petition must be filed with the appropriate documentation. A petition for tuition refund beyond the policy must be filed at the Office of Financial Operations within the semester the course was taken.