Official WSU Transcript Requests

An official transcript is a certified copy of a student’s permanent academic record. It contains confidential information and cannot be released without the student’s signed, specific request. No requests will be taken over the phone.

All transcript requests must be accompanied by a readable copy of the student’s myWSU ID or a government-issued photo identification such as a driver’s license or passport. Requests will not be processed without this identification; this includes a person ordering a transcript in-person.

Transcripts can only be released to the student or to an individual who has written permission from the student. Individuals picking up a transcript for a student must have a copy of the student's myWSU ID or a government-issued ID along with their own ID.

Wichita State University's fee is $12.00 per transcript. Transcript services may be withheld, with limited exceptions consistent with state and federal laws, for any student who owes Wichita State University property or documents.

Free Transcripts

Free transcripts will be sent by USPS First Class Mail or can be picked up at 117 Jardine Hall. These transcripts cannot be ordered through our online ordering system. There is a limit of five free transcripts in each of the below circumstances:

1. Currently enrolled undergraduate seniors sending a transcript directly to a graduate school, law school, medical school or certifying agency like AMCAS.

2. Undergraduate seniors and graduate students in their final semester and with a submitted application for graduation. Be sure to mark 'hold for degree' on the request form. These requests must be submitted by:

April 15th - if you graduated in the Fall
September 15th - if you graduated in the Spring
November 15th - if you graduated in the Summer