Academic Resources for Servicemembers,
Veterans and Dependents
The WSU VA Education Benefits Office is committed to ensuring that our students utilizing GI Bill® Education Benefits have a successful and positive experience during their time with us as students. Our mission is to provide resources to help our students achieve an excellent education in preparation for the next venture in their careers.
Below is a list of resources available at WSU to ensure your academic success:
• Free tutoring – WSU offers free one-on-one and drop in tutoring for students in all subjects. To find all of the tutoring resources or to request a tutor, visit WSU's Tutoring page or call 978-3209.
• Supplemental Instruction - Supplemental Instruction is a program that offers weekly review sessions developed to assist students with learning material in traditionally difficult classes. For a list of classes where this is available, please visit the WSU Supplemental Instruction page.
• Success Plans – If you would like to develop an individual success plan, please stop by the Military and Veteran Student Center in Grace Wilkie 105, call 978-3856 or e-mail Sarah Sell to make an appointment.
• Veteran Mentoring – Veteran peer mentors are available to discuss challenges, resources and tools for being successful while in college. E-mail Sarah Sell to be paired with a mentor.
• Military and Veteran Student Center – The center, which is located in Grace Wilkie 105, exists to build and maintain a community of students with military experience and to provide comprehensive support for the unique needs of veterans, military members and military dependents in an environment of respect.
While WSU openly offers free tutoring assistance to our students, additional tutoring may be needed. In the event that a student using GI Bill® Education Benefits needs the additional assistance of a private tutor, the Department of Veterans Affairs may be able to subsidize the cost of a private tutor.
For more information on the tutorial assistance offered through the GI Bill®, as well as a copy of the Application for Individualized Tutorial Assistance (22-1990t), please visit the GI Bill® Tutorial Assistance page.