It is important to provide a continuous learning environment for Employees to maintain and advance their skills, knowledge, and competencies as well as grow as professionals and contribute effectively to the Wichita State University's (University) Strategic Plan. All Employees are encouraged to pursue opportunities for training and professional development, especially those provided by the University through myTraining system.
- The University offers a wide variety of training courses and professional development programs. There is a continuous effort to identify, create, and provide new opportunities for training and professional development.
- Employees are encouraged to utilize training and professional development opportunities to achieve and maintain a high level of performance. Leaders are encouraged to approve Employee requests to participate in training and development programs offered by the University whenever possible while maintaining an effective workplace.
- The University may require Employees to attend training programs or to complete online training modules.
For the purpose of this policy only, the following definitions shall apply:
- Employee: An individual who provides services to the University on a regular basis in exchange for compensation and receives a W-2 for such services.
- Leader: Includes individuals at the University who have Employees reporting to them, or Department Chairs/Directors.
- myTraining is the University's centralized learning management system for Employee training.
- Employees register for live training sessions and access/complete online training modules in myTraining.
- Employee training transcripts are stored electronically in the myTraining system.
Applicable Laws And Additional Resources
3.42 / Tuition Assistance Program for Employees