The purpose of this statement is to set forth University policy with regard to the usage of University mailing permits.
The United States Postal Service has issued various mailing permits to the University for its use as a state educational institution of Kansas. The University's Postal Services unit (hereinafter "Campus Post Office") is responsible for usage of the mailing permits on behalf of University operations, including all contracted mailings by outside sources, and compliance with all applicable United States Postal Service rules and regulations governing the use of mailing permits.
This policy statement is applicable to the following permits:
- First-Class Mail, Permit 1232
- Standard Mail (A), Permit 1232
- Nonprofit Mail, Permit 1232
- Business Reply Mail, Permit 328
No University mailing permit may be used without the advance written authorization of the Campus Post Office.
Use of an outside contractor for printing and mailing when use of a University mailing permit is desired is subject to the following requirements:
- Piece design must be submitted to the Campus Post Office to permit advance review for compliance with United States Postal Service requirements, and
- Issuance of two copies of PS Form 3602 by the Campus Post Office authorizing use of a University mailing permit.
This policy shall be included in the WSU Policies and Procedures Manual and shared with appropriate constituencies of the University.
The Vice President for Administration and Finance shall have primary responsibility for publication, dissemination and implementation of this University policy.