Student Responsibilities for Academic Advising
Students can assist in the advising relationship in the following ways:
- Talk to your advisor as soon as possible when academic or personal challenges arise
that may affect your academic plans.
- Schedule appointments with your advisor with plenty of advance notice.
- Be prepared for your appointments by bringing appropriate materials, identifying course
choices from requirements of the preferred program or major, and questions prepared
to clarify expectations.
- Let your advisor know if you have any special needs or require any learning accommodations.
- Check your WSU student email on a regular basis. All departments at WSU - including
your advisor - will use this email address to disseminate all important messages for
any business relating to the university.
- Accept responsibility for your decisions and actions that affect your education progress