The Hub serves as the statewide locus for evolving information, training and education in cyber defense, privacy and cyber awareness. The Hub connects the educational and training needs of the corporate and small business community, state and local government, and the military, to the expertise and resources within the cybersecurity academic community at WSU.
The Hub provides a venue for:
- Traditional degree offerings within the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science department and the Engineering Technology program that includes entrepreneurial minded hands-on security exercises in cybersecurity labs.
- Curriculum delivered by experienced faculty.
- Exceptional faculty whose expertise is in cyber-physical systems, communication security, networking security, and cloud security.
- Access to highly motivated cybersecurity graduate and undergraduate students for internships, co-operative experience, and industry posed projects.
- Engineering Technology's Cybersecurity Range Lab to support instruction and hands-on entrepreneurially minded problem solving.
Future focus areas:
Market-based and badge courses designed to meet the evolving security needs of private and public sectors (healthcare, education, banking, aviation, law enforcement, hospitality and entertainment industry), and slated toward the economic demographics of the region.
- Emphasis on Interdisciplinary Learning which focuses on allowing technical electives in such areas as Criminal Justice, Psychology, Communications, and Media Arts.
- Continue to develop summer boot camps for HS and MS students using a wide variety of instruction materials to include an organically built Capture the Flag model designed by students.
Enrollment and Graduation Data
|Enrollment||Graduates as of May 2022|
DoD Scholarship (contact Joe Jabara for more information)