The Mathematics and Statistics department hours have not been impacted by COVID-19. We are still available to assist you and help answer your questions both in-person and electronically via email or via phone.
Professor Hari Mukerjee
It is with great sadness that we announce the loss of our friend and colleague Professor Hari Mukerjee of the Department of Mathematics, Statistics, and Physics, who passed away Wednesday, April 27, 2022, at the age of 88 after battle with cancer.
In 1988, Professor Mukerjee joined Wichita State University as a Associate Professor of Statistics and became a full professor in 1996. He retired in May 2016 after 28 years’ service at Wichita State University.
Professor Mukerjee was an accomplished and dedicated statistician who provided many years of distinguished service to the department, the university, and the statistical community. He was well-liked by students, faculty, and researchers in the statistical committee. They shall miss him greatly.
- Dr. Catherine Searle has received a 3-year grant from the National Science Foundation - Division of Mathematical Sciences (#2204324) totaling $261,767 for her project "Curvature and Symmetry". This grant will support summer research, PhD and masters students, and travel (2022-2025).
- John Hammond won the 2022 University Faculty Awards on Excellent in Accessibility.
- Dr. Yuan Liu has received a 2-year standard grant from the National Science Foundation - Division of Mathematical Sciences: Launching Early-Career Academic Pathways in the Mathematical and Physical Sciences (#2213436) totaling $250,000 for her project "Robust and High Order Numerical Simulation for Phase Field Modeling". This grant will support summer research, PhD and masters students, and travel (2022-2024).
- Montana Loibl awarded the 2021 Department of Mathematics, Statistics, and Physics Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award
- Md Ibrahim Kholil awarded the 2020 Department of Mathematics, Statistics, and Physics Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award
- The Math/Stat has launched a new interdisciplinary Data Science master's program: MS in Mathematical Foundation of Data Analysis.