Please click here for information about the Konrad Wolff-Ilse Bing Chamber Music Competition!
This award is not connected to the other School of Music scholarships and has a separate application process.
The goal of the Konrad Wolff-Ilse Bing scholarship is to provide tuition support and encourage students who show exceptional promise as chamber music performers to pursue their education at WSU. Wolff-Bing awards are for one year, are renewable and are granted in addition to any other financial support a student may receive, including a School of Music scholarship.
Wolff-Bing Scholars must:
- Be either undergraduate juniors or seniors majoring in instrumental music performance or music education, or graduate students in the Master of Music Performance or Master of Music Education degree programs;
- Be enrolled full-time at WSU;
- Continually meet the requirements for their degree program established by the School of Music faculty;
- Be enrolled for credit in a chamber music ensemble course every semester that funds are received;
- Fulfill such additional requirements as the Wolff-Bing Committee may establish;
- In exceptional cases the Wolff-Bing Committee has modified or waived some of the above requirements.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Konrad Wolff-Ilse Bing Chamber Music Scholarship Application
- A resume or CV.
- One letter of recommendation from his/her teacher.
- Copies of programs in which the applicant has performed in a chamber group.
- An incoming student who wishes to apply must also provide a recorded performance, preferably of chamber music, or play a live audition or compete in the annual Wolff-Bing Chamber Music Competition.
Address all application material to:
Prof. Julie Bees, Chairman
Wolff-Bing Endowed Chamber Music Award Committee
Wichita State University, Box 53
Wichita, Kansas 67260-0053