Statement of Misrepresentation

Wichita State University holds itself and its employees to the highest standards in providing students with information that accurately reflects the student’s experience as a student and a graduate. The University is prohibited by federal law from making false, erroneous, or misleading statements, directly or indirectly, to a student, prospective student, member of the public, accrediting agency, state agency, or to the U.S. Department of Education concerning the nature of the University’s educational program, financial charges and/or financial aid, or employability of its graduates (see 34 CFR 668.71-74). Wichita State University is committed to operating in an environment of integrity and will make every effort to avoid misrepresentation of information to students and others. The University takes acts and claims of misrepresentation seriously. Any concerns regarding misrepresentation of information should be directed to Academic Affairs at or 316-978-3010.

Distance Education/Complaint Information

Complaint Process Information

For assistance in determining the appropriate complaint or grievance procedure for initiating a complaint against Wichita State University, enrolled or prospective students should contact:

Stacia Boden, General Counsel
1845 Fairmount Street
Wichita, KS 67260-0205

Students should attempt to resolve a complaint utilizing Wichita State University’s grievance or complaint process.

Federal regulations require an institution of higher education to provide its students and prospective students with contact information for filing complaints with the institution’s accreditor and with the institution’s State approval or licensing entity. If a student’s complaint remains unresolved after exhausting available institutional grievance or complaint processes, a student may submit a written complaint to the Kansas Board of Regents (KBOR) in accordance with the KBOR complaint process which is described here or to the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association in accordance with the accrediting agency’s complaint process which is described here.

Students who are enrolled in distance education courses or programs offered by Wichita State University and who do not reside in Kansas should first contact the above-identified WSU administrator to resolve any complaint arising from the student’s participation in distance education courses or programs.

Unresolved student concerns regarding programs authorized through SARA may be directed to the state portal agency, using the SARA Complaint Form accessible here.

Unresolved student concerns regarding programs not authorized through SARA may be submitted with the authorizing agency in the state where the student resides. Student complaint information by state and agency is located here.