How to Accept & Finalize Your Financial Aid
Once you have been offered financial aid, follow these steps to accept, reduce, or decline your individual aid offers as soon as possible. Please note that some types of financial aid have acceptance and enrollment deadlines.
To view a video with step-by-step instructions on how to use the myFinances tab with your myWSU account, click here.
Step 1: Access Your myWSU Account
- Log into myWSU.wichita.edu using your myWSU ID number and password. Select the myFinances tab.
Step 2: Read the Financial Aid Terms and Conditions
- Select the Financial Aid Awards link and then, from the drop-down menu, select the academic year noted in your letter/email. Select the Terms and Conditions tab and read the requirements for your aid. The Financial Aid Terms and Conditions are also available online at wichita.edu/finaidpolicy.
Step 3: Accept Award Offer
- Select the Accept Award Offer tab to view and decide on your offer. Use the drop-down menu under "Accept Award" to select your decision for each type of financial aid.
- Accepted loan amounts will be split equally between the fall and spring semesters.
- If you would like to accept a partial amount of a student loan, enter the amount next to the appropriate loan under "Accept Partial Amount."
- After deciding on your offer, select "Choose Decision."
Step 4: Complete Your Loan Requirements
- If you are accepting subsidized and/or unsubsidized student loans for the first time at Wichita State University, complete your Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (Loan Agreement) and Loan Entrance Counseling at studentloans.gov.
If you have questions or have had changes in your family's financial circumstances, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 316-978-3430 or firstname.lastname@example.org.