WSU National Merit Scholarship
- Estimated value of $50,000 over four years, with eligibility
- Open to National Merit Finalists and National Hispanic Recognition Finalists
- National Merit Finalists
- Finalists in the National Hispanic Recognition Program
NOTE: Eligibility is contingent upon submission of a complete admission application to WSU by March 1. National Merit/National Hispanic scholarships will replace Freshmen Merit awards, but may be combined with scholarships awarded through the student's academic college, up to the Cost of Attendance.
- Become a National Merit Finalist or a Finalist Scholar in the National Hispanic Recognition Program
- Become fully admitted to WSU in a degree-bound program by March 1 of your senior year
- National Merit Finalists: Designate WSU as your number one school of choice with the National Merit Scholarship Corporation by May 1
- National Hispanic Recognition Finalists: Provide a copy of your certificate/notification letter from College Board to the Office of Financial Aid by May 1
- Participate in the Bill and Dorothy Cohen Honors College during your first year at WSU
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.50 at the conclusion of each semester of the academic year
- Enroll in and successfully complete at least 15 credit hours each semester (Fall and Spring)
- NOTE: If you have fewer than 24 hours remaining in your degree program, enrollment exceptions may be granted on an individual review based on a written request.
- Participate in one organization with your major or academic college and one organization through Student Involvement
- Pre-register for classes for each fall semester by July 1, and each spring semester by December 1 of each year