Dorothy and Bill Cohen Honors College
Honors Merit Scholarship
- Who is eligible?
- What does the Honors College Merit Scholarship cover?
- What is the length of the Honors College Merit Scholarship?
- What are the requirements for admission to the Cohen Honors College ?
- How do I apply for the Honors College Merit Scholarship?
- What are the renewal requirements for the Honors Merit College Scholarship?
- Incoming freshmen students who are fully admitted as degree-bound students to WSU
-- and --
- Have been accepted into the WSU Honors College
- December 1st Priority Date for consideration.
NOTE: This scholarship may be combined with the Freshmen Merit Scholarship if you qualify for both.
- Up to $2,000 over four years ($500 / year)
The scholarship will only be applied to tuition and student fees.
- This scholarship is awarded for a total of four consecutive academic years (excluding summers) – or – until the student earns the first bachelor’s degree, whichever comes first.
- The student must also maintain awarded academic standing within the Honors College to remain eligible for this scholarship award.
- Admission to the Cohen Honors College is determined by online application and essay.
- Eligibility for the Honors College is based on cumulative high school GPA or composite ACT (SAT conversion score)
For students entering WSU with fewer than 24 hours of college credit,
- a minimum high school GPA of 3.7
- Or composite ACT score of 27
For students with 24 or more hours of college credit,
- a minimum college GPA of 3.5
Students who do not meet the minimum eligibility requirements may apply to Honors for special admission.
Submit the Cohen Honors College online application form. You will need your WSU ID number and password to login.
You will complete a two-page essay in order to be considered for admission and Honors College Merit Scholarship. Note: The application system will time out after 30 minutes. We recommend that you complete your essay in advance and cut and paste it into the application.
- Remain in good standing in the Cohen Honors College by:
- Maintaining a cumulative GPA of 3.25 and take at least 3 Honors credits each year -- and --
- Enrolling in and successfully complete at least 12 credit hours each semester (fall and spring)
Follow the link for more information about Dorothy and Bill Cohen Honors College.