Honors College Merit Scholarship
- Incoming freshmen and transfer students who are fully admitted as degree-bound students
to Wichita State
-- and --
- Have been accepted into the WSU Cohen Honors College
- Incoming Freshmen: November 1st Priority Date for consideration.
- Transfer Students: February 1st Priority Date for consideration.
NOTE: This scholarship may be combined with the Freshmen Merit Scholarship or the Transfer Merit Scholarship if you qualify for both.
- Up to $1,000 over two years ($500 / year)
- The scholarship will only be applied to tuition and student fees.
- This scholarship is awarded for up to two consecutive academic years (excluding summers) -- or -- until the student earns the first bachelor’s degree, whichever comes first.
- The student must also maintain awarded academic standing within the Cohen Honors College to remain eligible for this scholarship award.
There are no minimum ACT/SAT or GPA requirements for admission to the Cohen Honors College. Your scores are considered part of the review with greater emphasis being placed on your essay and resume. We know some students will not have test scores or will have scores delayed due to testing date cancellations this year. Students without an ACT/SAT score are still encouraged to apply.
Learn more about the admission review process and apply here.
Submit the Cohen Honors College online application form.
You will be required to submit the Activate Your Resume Essay and a polished resume. Learn more about each of these here.
- Maintaining a cumulative GPA of 3.25 and take at least 3 Honors credits each year -- and --
- Enrolling in and successfully completing at least 12 credit hours each semester (fall and spring)