Freshmen Merit Scholarships: $8,000 - $24,000
- $2,000 - $4,000 a year for Kansas residents
- $3,000 - $6,000 a year for non-residents
- Scholarship awarded over four years with eligibility
- Award offers are based on high school GPA and national test score (ACT/SAT).
- November 1 Priority Date for Merit Scholarship consideration*
*December 1 Admission Deadline for Merit Scholarship consideration. Due to delayed testing opportunities in response to the COVID-19 crisis, students admitted by December 1 (all required materials received by December 1 will be considered) may submit later ACT/SAT scores, but final scores must be on file with Wichita State no later than March 1.
Honors College Merit Scholarship: $1,000
Up to $500 a year over two years for incoming freshmen and transfer students who are fully admitted to Wichita State and to the Dorothy and Bill Cohen Honors College.
WSU National Merit Scholarships: $50,000
- Open to National Merit Finalists and National Hispanic Recognition Finalists
- Annual amount varies; scholarship awarded over four years with eligibility
Even more ways to fund your success
WSU students also have access to millions in college-specific scholarships, including some of the largest annual undergraduate scholarships in the state (worth up to $60,000), plus other forms of financial aid.