Mark and Stacy Parkinson Scholarship
Award amount: Up to $34,000
A $8,500 per year scholarship geared toward first generation, immigrant students with
preference toward DACA or other undocumented students.
To be eligible to compete, you must:
- Be a 2021 high school graduate
- Must be a graduate from a Kansas high school
- Submit WSU admission materials by Oct. 15, 2020
- Meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum cumulative 3.5 GPA
- Submit the DSI scholarship application by Nov. 1
- Compete in the Distinguished Scholarship Invitational on Nov. 21
Review period and notification of finalists: December 2020
Apply for the Mark and Stacy Parkinson Scholarship
Award amount: $8,000 - $20,000
This special award will be provided to at least 10 first-generation students with
financial need who compete in the Distinguished Scholarship Invitational. Awards are
dispersed in amounts ranging from $2,000-$5,000 per year.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a 2021 high school graduate.
- Submit Wichita State application materials by Oct. 15, 2020
- Meet one of the following criteria:
- Have a minimum unweighted 3.5 GPA, or
- Have a minimum ACT composite score of 27, or
- Have a minimum SAT composite of 1280, or
- Rank in the top 10 percent of your class at the end of your junior year
- Meet the WSU priority date of Dec. 1 for submission of the 2021-2022 Free Application
for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Students who are ineligible to complete a FAFSA will be contacted to provide a separate
statement describing their financial need.
- Must compete in the Distinguished Scholarship Invitational
- Recipients will be required to participate in the Passage 2 Success Program
Scholarship materials deadline: Nov. 1, 2020
Review period and notification of finalists: February 2021
Apply for the Passage Scholars program