How to Transfer Your Financial Aid

We were notified by the federal government that you have federal financial aid that is scheduled to disburse at another college. 

Before Wichita State may disburse your financial aid for this semester, we must receive official confirmation that you have cancelled your financial aid at your other college.

What You Need to Do:

  1. Contact the college(s) you attended this academic year and notify them that you need to cancel your financial aid at their college for the next semester.
  2. Have your prior college email our Financial Aid Office ( once they have cancelled your federal financial aid through the federal Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) website.

Please note that when a college cancels your financial aid through the federal COD website, it may take a few business days for the cancellation to reflect as official in the system.

If you have any questions about the cancellation process, please contact us 24/7/365 by phone at (316) 978-3430 or by chat at