Duerksen Fine Arts Center


1845 Fairmount Street
Wichita, KS 67260

Duerksen opened in 1956 as the Fine Arts Center and was designed to house the activities of the College of Fine Arts. Unfortunately, a planned wing for the art department was not constructed due to lack of funds. The School of Art and Design (formerly the art department) is now located in the McKnight Art Center and Henrion Hall. The Fine Arts Center was later renamed for alumnus and long time dean of the college, Walter Duerksen. The facility, which houses the School of Music, includes the 530-seat Miller Concert Hall, classrooms and practice studios.


37.7167079, -97.2963771

RSS Feed for events at this venue  Location Event RSS Feed

There are no events available for this venue. Click here to submit events.