Intro to Automated Fiber Placement (AFP) Manufacturing Class
The Intro to Automated Fiber Placement Manufacturing (AFP) course offers knowledge into the world of AFP while providing hands-on experience with state-of-the-art Electroimpact AFP systems.
What You Will Learn:
- Basics of the Automated Fiber Placement (AFP) Process
- Necessary information for a programmer to have quality AFP structures made
- Functions of the KR1000 Titan KUKA robot (KUKA’s largest robot arm in production)
- AFP layup process from preparation to finished part removal
- Lab safety features and protocols
Check back for upcoming dates or sign up for the NIAR newsletter.
Automated Fiber Placement (AFP) Programming Class
Learn to program AFP parts using the VERICUT Composites Programming (VCP) software. This 3rd party software can be used to program a wide variety of AFP machines.
You will learn how to:
- Read and interpret Composites Ply specifications
- Control and work with Course and Ply generation
- Manually edit tows and courses
- Link courses together for efficient machine motion
- Analyze the courses and links for Compression and Compaction
- Use Collision Avoidance settings
- Use Post Processor settings for effective machine motion
September 25-29, 2023
8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (lunch is included)
Wichita State University, National Institute for Aviation Research
ATLAS Sector A
4174 S. Oliver, Bldg. 140H