In 1958, two brothers - both Wichita University students- started a restaurant in a building on the corner of Bluff and Kellogg. They sold pizza, a dish that just beginning to gain popularity in America. They staffed their business with family, friends and fraternity brothers and called it Pizza Hut.

Wichita State students help tell the story of the original Pizza Hut

Two Wichita State students, brothers Dan and Frank Carney, started the Pizza Hut business in 1958. The restaurant has since become one of the biggest pizza chains in the world. The original building resides at Wichita State as a museum.

The museum is now open to the public, and many current Wichita State students serve as docents.