As the saying goes, business owners do not plan to fail, they just fail to plan. Taking the time to develop a business plan will help you succeed.
Why write a business plan? A business plan helps you
- focus your ideas
- determine your financial needs
- secure financing
- map a strategy for success
How do you write a business plan? Use our Business Plan Outline and follow these steps:
- Answer the questions asked in the Business Plan Outline in paragraph format beginning with the Description of Business section. You will write the Executive Summary last.
- Skip questions that do not apply to your business and mark questions that you want to discuss with your WSU Kansas SBDC Advisor.
- Be detailed. Use the internet, pick up the phone, and take other steps to get the information you need.
- Be accurate. Include documents or explanations for every number in your cash flow.
- Be brief. Provide details, but keep your responses short and to the point.
- Get help! Your WSU Kansas SBDC Advisor will work closely with you to review your drafts and make suggestions for changes and next steps.