Research led by Professor Mark Schneegurt (Biological Sciences) outlines possibilities for the existence of microbial life in certain salty environments on Mars. Professor Schneegurt's work has been featured in the following news outlets:
- Discover Magainze: "Salt-loving Bacteria's Survival Skills Bode Well for Life on Mars"
- ScienceNews: "Dried Earth Microbes Could Grow on Mars with Just a Little Humidity"
- Fox News: "How Martian Microbes Could Survive in the Salty Puddles of the Red Planet."
- SPACE.com: "How Martian Microbes Could Survive in the Salty Puddles of the Red Planet"
- Healio: "Salt May be the Answer to Bringing Life to Mars"
- EurekaAlert!: "Experiments with Salt-tolerant Bacteria in Brine have Implications for Life on Mars"
- Earth.com: "Bacteria Experiment Results Shed Light on the Possibility of Life on Mars"