Richard D. Muma and Rick A. Case
***Applications Due April 1st***
This fund was originally established in 2011 because the donors felt that lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer/questioning students are often overlooked and want to show that group of students that someone notices and cares about them. They want to encourage those students not to hide.
- Scholarship(s) will be awarded annually to a student(s) enrolled full or part time at Wichita State University.
- No recipient will be excluded from consideration based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a veteran, or disability.
- Preference will be given to a member of Spectrum: LGBTQ & Allies, a WSU student organization.
- Recipient(s) must have and maintain a minimum 2.0 grade point average.
- Award(s) will be made with regard to financial need, determined by the FASFA and/or the personal statement of need.
- Recipients will submit a typed statement, with up to 500 words expressing the applicant's involvement in furthering the causes of the LGBTQ+ community and up to 250 words describing the need for scholarship assistance in completing their education at WSU.
Faculty Advisor, Spectrum: LGBTQ & Allies
Lindquist Hall 400
Wichita State University
Wichita, KS 67260-0025