- WSU is home to 15 NCAA Division I teams, plus a wide range of intramurals and club sports.
- WSU is now the newest member of the American Athletic Conference, placing it in competition with other prestigious universities like Southern Methodist, Memphis, Cincinnati, Houston and Connecticut.
- Shocker athletics has garnered two NCAA Final Fours (1965, 2013) and an NCAA National Championship in baseball (1989).
- Number of free seats reserved for WSU students at each men’s home basketball game: 1,000. All Shocker sports are free to students with ID
- From massages to personal trainers to SCUBA lessons, Campus Recreation gives students all they need to stay active and healthy.
- Shocker Bowling is the most accomplished collegiate bowling program in the nation with a record 20 men's and women's national championships.
- A multi-million-dollar Health and Wellness Center, in partnership with the Greater Wichita YMCA, will break ground in 2019, consolidating WSU’s Student Health Services, Counseling and Testing Center and YMCA fitness center all in one location.