Fairmount College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Fast Facts
- The Fairmount College of Liberal Arts and Sciences is the oldest and largest of Wichita State’s seven undergraduate colleges—and offers the widest range of degree options.
- LAS students in every major can gain real-world experience through co-ops and internships with companies and organizations like the Wichita Eagle, local NCB/ABC/CBS affiliates, the National YMCA office and Sedgwick County Zoo.
- LAS students have access to more than $600,000 in LAS scholarships annually.
- The criminal justice program is the second-oldest existing program of its kind in the country and will soon have a new location in the Law Enforcement Training Center on WSU’s Innovation Campus.
- WSU’s biological field station on the Ninnescah river features 330 acres of native prairie, wetlands and woodland.
- The Center for Women’s Studies is one of the longest-running degree-granting centers in the country.
- The Elliott School of Communication is Kansas’ only comprehensive integrated school of journalism, combining its various disciplines with work-based experiences in Wichita’s numerous media outlets.