- WSU faculty, staff and students generated more than $74 million in externally funded research grants in 2016.
- WSU annually awards more than 700 master’s degrees and 100 doctoral degrees.
- With a faculty-to-student ratio of 1:6, graduate students have easy access to faculty for support and guidance in studies and research.
- Graduate students have opportunities to present their research through events like the Graduate Research and Scholarly Projects Symposium and the Capitol Graduate Research Summit.
- The Master of Innovation Design degree merges arts, science and technology curricula to create opportunities for student-faculty collaboration across WSU’s colleges. This individualized program develops students’ abilities to design creative solutions, communicate effectively, practice entrepreneurship and develop prototypes.
- WSU offers the widest range of graduate degrees in the area, including 12 doctoral programs, more than 40 master’s degrees, 20 certificate programs and one education specialist area.
- More than 30 percent of full-time graduate students hold assistantships generating more than $4 million each year.