With health and safety as our top priority, Wichita State University’s food, retail and common spaces will adjust hours, layout and cleaning schedules as the fall semester gets under way.
Safety measures such as face coverings, social distancing and hand-washing will be emphasized with signage, email reminders and social media.
The Rhatigan Student Center will look different to help campus socially distance by spacing out furniture in common areas. Areas such as the Shocker Store, Shocker Sports Grill & Lanes, meeting rooms and lounge areas are reorganized to account for social distancing.
“We want to make sure we’re safe and the students are safe in the building,” Kevin Konda, director of the Rhatigan Student Center, said in a recent virtual town hall. “You’ll see furniture in the Rhatigan Student Center in places you had never seen it before, just to trying to spread it out and get that social distancing in place.”
The Shocker Hall dining hall will seat 50% capacity. It will not accept cash – credit, debit and student cards only. The cashier will be protected by a Plexiglas barrier. Employees will wear masks and take a temperature check before working.
All food will be served to customers to eliminate buffets and self-serve stations.
“We’re going to be cleaning, as needed, but also at a minimum every 30 minutes any high-touch spaces,” said Matthew Pray, director of Dining Services.
Starbucks, Fuzzy’s Taco Shop and Journey East Asia Grill are open for dine-in and carry-out.
The Shocker Store at Braeburn Square is scheduled to open on Aug. 31.
- Aug. 31: Monday-Saturday: 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
Find out more about Braeburn Square
Wichita State outdoors
Now is the perfect time to explore the outdoor features of the Wichita State campus. Outdoor features such as the Martin H. Bush Outdoor Sculpture Collection, Shocker Pet Pathway and The Pods at WSU hang-out spaces are open. Please adhere to best practices for health and safety, including face coverings, social distancing and frequent hand washing.
- July 27-Aug. 16: Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; Friday: 8 a.m.-1 p.m.; Saturday-Sunday: Closed
- 24-hour study room: Same hours as Ablah Library (No key card required)
- Fall semester hours: TBA; check the library website for updates.
- Aug. 3-8: Monday-Friday — 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; Saturday: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Aug. 9 and beyond —Monday-Friday: 7 a.m.-9 p.m.; Saturday: 9 a.m.-9 p.m.; Sunday: 1-5 p.m.
Shocker Store (Rhatigan Student Center)
- Aug. 3-7: Monday-Friday: 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Aug. 8-29 — Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m.-6 p.m.; Friday: 8 a.m.-5 pm.; Saturday: 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Aug. 30 and beyond: Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; Saturday: 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Through Aug. 8: Monday-Friday: 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Aug. 10 — Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.-8 p.m.; Saturday: 11 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Monday-Friday: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Commerce Bank: Temporarily closed until further notice (ATM available)
- Starbucks — Monday-Thursday: 7 a.m.-7 p.m.; Friday: 7 a.m.-5 p.m.; Saturday: 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Pizza Hut — Monday-Friday: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Panda Express — Monday-Thursday: 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Friday: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Chick-Fil-A — Monday-Thursday: 7 a.m.-7 p.m.; Friday: 7 a.m.-5 p.m.; Saturday: 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Freddy’s — Monday-Thursday: 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Friday: 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Dining Hall, beginning Aug. 9 — Monday-Friday: 7 a.m.-8 p.m.; Saturday/Sunday: 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m. and 5 p.m.-8 p.m.
- GroundHouse — Monday-Thursday: 7 a.m.-midnight; Saturday/Sunday: 7 a.m.-10 a.m. and 8 p.m.-midnight
All hours as of July 29. The COVID-19 pandemic is a fluid situation. Check websites for new information.