If you are interested in participating in one of the working groups, please contact the one of the group chairs.
- Research Group: Visvakumar.Aravinthan@wichita.edu and Bayram.Yildirim@wichita.edu
- Curriculum Group: Deepak.Gupta@wichita.edu
- Facilities and Cost Savings Group: Bobby.Smith@wichita.edu
Additional questions or comments: Carolyn.Shaw@wichita.edu, Steering Committee Chair
Sustainability Statement and Goals
Recognizing the educational, cultural, economic, and environmental benefits of sustainability, WSU is committed to engaging and empowering students, faculty, and staff to value, develop, adopt and promote sustainable practices.
WSU defines sustainability as using resources wisely and engaging in actions that are environmentally, socially, and financially responsible, and benefit present and future generations.
- Foster a culture of sustainability that permeates all aspects of our university experience and promotes civic engagement.
- Develop and promote initiatives that lead to great efficiencies and responsible use of resources.
- Design a dynamic, adaptive curriculum that views sustainablity in a holistic manner. Develop and promote initiatives that lead to greater efficiencies and responsible use of resources.
- Provide applied learning and research opportunities that address societal challenges and develop skills for workforce success.
- Transparently communicate University sustainability priorities and initiatives that are established through a shared governance process.
- Establish and maintain an ongoing process to review and refine WSU's sustainbility plan.