If you are interested in participating in one of the working groups, please contact the one of the group chairs.
- Research Group: Visvakumar.Aravinthan@wichita.edu and Bayram.Yildirim@wichita.edu . Meeting every other Weds 12:00 - 1:30, starting March 27.
- Curriculum Group: Deepak.Gupta@wichita.edu . Meeting every Friday 12:30 - 1:30, starting March 29.
- Facilities and Cost Savings Group: Bobby.Smith@wichita.edu
Sustainability Statement and Goals
Recognizing the educational, cultural, economic, and environmental benefits of sustainability, WSU is committed to engaging and empowering students, faculty, and staff to value, develop, adopt and promote sustainable practices.
- Foster a culture of sustainability that permeates all aspects of our university experience and promotes civic engagement.
- Develop and promote initiatives that lead to greater efficiencies and responsible use of resources.
- Design a dynamic, adaptive curriculum that views sustainability in a holistic manner.
- Provide applied learning and research opportunities that address societal challenges and develop skills for workforce success.
- Transparently communicate University sustainability priorities and initiatives that are established through a shared governance process.
- Establish and maintain an ongoing process to review and refine WSU's sustainbility plan.