Information Technology & Management Information Systems Minor Requirements
Available to Business Majors and Non-Business Majors
Overall GPA for minor must be 2.250 or higher.
Each minor must have at least 3 credit hours of unduplicated coursework.
A minimum of 9 credit hours of the minor must be taken at Wichita State University.
Coop credit (MIS 481) may not be counted in the minor.
MIS minor consists of 15 credit hours.
- MIS 310 - Fundamentals of Business Application Development (3)
- MIS 325 - Data Communications and Computer Networks (3)
- MIS 395 - Management Information Systems (3)
- MIS 600 - Database Management Systems (3)
Choose one additional upper division elective (3 credit hours) from the following:
- MIS 605 - Systems Analysis and Design (3)
- MIS 610 - Dynamic Web Programming (3)
- MIS 611 - Topics in Computer Networking (3)
- MIS 615 - Advanced Business Application Development (3)
- MIS 690 - Seminar in Selected Topics (3)
- MIS 750 - Business Intelligence and Analytics (3)
- DS 755 - Project Management (3)
Overall and WSU GPA's must be 2.250 or higher. In order to take upper-division business courses (300+), you need to submit this REQUEST FORM. (IB-333 does not need special approval).