ACE Mentoring Program Mentor Application
ACE Mentoring Program is a one-semester peer mentoring program for incoming freshmen and transfer students.
Mentors are paired with 2-3 incoming students for the Fall 2021 semester. Mentors
will participate in a retreat in August and monthly leadership trainings thereafter.
Mentors will meet 1-on-1 with their mentees each month and are encouraged to attend
monthly ACE Mentoring Program group social events throughout the Fall 2021 semester.
The application period for Fall 2021 mentors has closed.
- Opportunity to earn a $150 scholarship for the Spring 2022 semester if mentor successfully fulfills all mentor responsibilities.
- Opportunity to earn Engineering+ Leadership credit if mentor successfully fulfills all mentor responsibilities.
- Have attended Wichita State as a College of Engineering major since at least the Spring 2021 semester.
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Mentor Retreat & Kick-Off Party: Mentors must attend a full day training and kick-off party in August. The retreat will be mentors only and will include teambuilders, mentor training, and free lunch. The kick-off party will include the new incoming members of ACE.
- Mentor Trainings: Mentors will participate in three leadership training sessions throughout the fall semester.
- Monthly Meet-Ups: Mentors must meet 1-on-1 with each of their mentees at least once per month during the fall semester. These meet-ups provide the opportunity for mentor and mentees to develop helpful relationships and provide individual guidance and support to each mentee.
- Mentor Logs: Mentors will submit monthly logs detailing their interactions with each of their mentees in the given month.
- Social Events: Throughout the semester there will monthly social events for the students in the program. Mentors are encouraged to attend but are not required.