Minutes for the Election meeting of the 2015 - 2016 Faculty Senate
Senators present: Ahmed, Barut, Bergman, Brooks, Bryant, Castro, Celestin, Chand, Chang, Decker, Dehner, Ewing, Huckstadt, Hughes, Johnson, Klunder. Jin, Lu, Mason, Moore-Jansen, Mosack, Muthiachareon, Rillema, Rokosz, Ross, Shaw, Walker, Yao, Yildirim
Senators absent: Adler, Babnich, Chopra, Myose, Solomey, Yeager
Senators excused: Birzer, Close, Palmer
May 11, 2015 [2015-16 Senate]
1. Call to order by President Peer Moore-Jansen at 4:00 pm
2. Informal Statements and Proposals
• Thanks to those continuing in their service to the Senate. Welcome offered to the newly elected members.
• Members invited to share Senate business with their colleagues on campus to help keep the community informed.
3. Election of Officers.
Calls for nominations from the floor for all positions. No additional nominations made.
• President-Elect: Bayram Yildirim
• Vice President: Carolyn Shaw
• Secretary: Janice Ewing
• Members of the Executive Committee (ballot presented to elect two)
• Chris Brooks (withdrawn)
• Victoria Mosack - Elected
• Bob Ross - Elected
• Mary Walker
• Will Klunder has been appointed by the President and represents the Humanities.
4. Election of members of the Planning and Budget Committee
• Education - Daniel Bergman
• LAS Humanities - Will Klunder
• LAS Social Sciences - Carolyn Shaw
5. Next meeting will be held in September 2015.
6. As May Arise
• Appreciation expressed to Bobbi Dreilling, Faculty Senate Administrative Assistant, and Carolyn Shaw, Faculty Senate Secretary.
7. Adjournment at 4:15 pm.