President's Innovation Advisory Council (PIAC)
- Advance the mission of the university to be an essential educational, cultural and economic driver for Kansas and the greater public good through improved and intensive cross campus collaboration and communication.
- Open up a broader dialogue on campus regarding university-wide innovation.
- Enhance shared governance and communication between the President's Office and Academic Affairs and faculty.
- Opportunity for conversations with the President on university priorities and potential issues.
- Not Strategic Planning Committee or SEM Committee.
- University Mission and Vision
- University Priorities
- Strategic Planning
- Sustainability of the University
Wichita State University endeavors to build a stronger Kansas and a brighter tomorrow through our relentless commitment to the people, businesses and economy of our state. As such, the university has adopted a strategic plan and vision to be one of the nation's premier urban public research universities, known for providing impactful applied learning experiences and driving prosperity for the people and communities we serve.
- Access and Affordability
- Provide an accessible, affordable and impactful higher education for all Kansans with increased community connections and networks.
- Proposed enhancement: Marcus Welcome Center, Clinton Hall, Hubbard Hall and Rhatigan Student Center.
- Diversify and develop our faculty and staff to better reflect our student body and region.
- Shocker Promise - Full tuition and fees for Pell-eligible families.
- Increase need-based aid.
- Supporting Businesses
- Provide relevant applied learning experiences that match the needs of industry, agency and community partners.
- Become a nationally recognized leader in digital transformation and SMART manufacturing.
- Growing Economic Prosperity
- Support faculty-led interdisciplinary research initiatives (2020-2023).
- Support the needs of the region through strategic engagement.
- Continue the development of the Innovation Campus by attracting new partners and expand the Maintenance, Repairing and Overhauling (MRC) initiative.
- Continue developing and supporting innovation and new ventures.
- National Center for Aviation Training expansion.
- University Village - Enter into financially prudent public-private partnerships on university-owned property that provide services.
- Support Wichita downtown development via hospitality, culinary arts and health sciences.
- Enhances compensation and professional development opportunities for faculty and staff.
Suzanne Hawley - Health Sciences
Gery Markova - Business
Holger Meyer - LAS
Jeff Pulaski - Fine Arts
Melissa Walker - LAS
Eric Wilson - LAS
Bayram Yildirim, Chair - Engineering
Tonya Witherspoon - Industry Engagement & Applied Learning
Kaye Monk Morgan - Academic Affairs
Carolyn Shaw - Academic Affairs
Shirley LeFever - Executive Vice President and Provost
For more information about the council, click here.