Graduate School Orientation Spring 2023
Eager to learn about our campus, technology systems, expectations, academics, advising structure, and resources? You're in the right place.
Take the first step by filling out our pre-arrival survey and get started on the online orientation modules today!
The technical issue with access has been resolved. All currently enrolled new graduate students should have access to the orientation content on Blackboard using the access instructions below.
1. Make sure you've set up your myWSU ID Password using the information provided in your admissions letter. If you have trouble, check the myWSU ID Password Setup instructions.
2. Navigate to Wichita State's Blackboard Learn site at https://blackboard.wichita.edu
3. Click the yellow box that reads "Log in with myWSU ID" and enter your username (myWSUID@wichita.edu) and password to sign in.
1. Find and click organizations in the navigation menu on the left-hand side of the window
2. Select "Graduate School Orientation"
3. This will open the landing page for our Orientation content showing three modules:
- Welcome-- In this module you'll get to know Wichita, WSU, and the Graduate School and learn about WSU's different student technology systems.
- Conduct, Academics, & Advising--In this module, you'll learn about conduct expectations, academics, and advising for Graduate Students at WSU.
- Resources--In this module, you'll learn about the most used and inquired-about resources available to all graduate students on campus.
4. Within each of these modules are lessons to review and quizzes to test your knowledge.
All quizzes have a due date of February 13, 11:59 PM CST.
Our professional development program offers live and on-demand training about how to take care of yourself, find a job, do research, or improve your teaching.