Get ready before classes start! Here is some help.

Image of students in an apartment


Graduate students may choose to live on campus or off-campus.

On-campus housing includes our apartment style residence halls: The Flats and The Suites. Information on on-campus housing can be found at

Most graduate students choose to stay in off-campus housing because of the significant cost savings that comes with sharing a rented home. The University is happy to provide a centralized place to start your search for an off-campus apartment or house. Please visit

Many communities which are located within a radius of 1 mile around the campus:

  • 3 Community apartments on N Oliver Avenue.
  • 1 Community apartment on the 21st Street
  • 2 Community apartments on 17th Street beside the Garvey International Center.

There is a free shuttle service for all the Wichita state university students from Monday to Saturday in the timings that are being provided in the mobile application. Communities further out may require other modes of transportation.



Next Steps


TB Test

All new students are required to complete state-mandated TB Testing prior to enrollment. All appointments are scheduled online by following the instructions on the provided link.

Scheduling Instructions: Tuberculosis Screening Appointment

Get a Shocker Card and Set up your Email

Your Shocker card is your identification as a student at WSU. It is multi-functional and can be used for renting textbooks, access to your meal plan/or shocker dollars, access and discounts to Shocker athletics and various campus events and services.  

You will also need set up a password and to log into the MyWSU portal. This is a single point of entry to web-based services. You will use myWSU to check your email, register for classes, pay tuition and fees, check the status of financial aid, and much more.  


You should next meet your advisor listed in your admission letter. This person is often the graduate coordinator for your program and will advise you on course selection, plan of study, transfer credits, and collaborate with you in developing realistic academic and professional goals. you should meet with your graduate coordinator/advisor at least once a semester to map out the classes you will take every semester.

A list of graduate coordinators is available here. If you are pursuing a graduate certificate, please check this list.


When you are ready to enroll in courses, you do that via your MyWSU portal and click MyClasses – then Student Registration. Here is the video showing how to register for courses


Pay Tuition and Fees 

You will pay your tuition and fees through your MyWSU portal and click MyFinances – then Student – then Student Account Suite.  You can find step by step process here

Bring in Official Documents

The documents (transcripts/degree certificate) you were admitted with were considered unofficial at the time of evaluation and admission. Now it's time to submit those official documents to the graduate school. You will need to request official transcripts from your previous Colleges or University to be sent to the Wichita State University Graduate School. We only need transcripts where a degree (Bachelors, masters, PhD) was earned and if any graduate credit was taken.  

The mailing address is: 

The Graduate School 

Wichita State University 

1845 Fairmount St Campus Box 4 

Wichita KS 67260-0004 

If requesting electronic transcripts be sent, the email address to use is

If you are an international student, you can bring your official transcripts to the Graduate School office -107 Jardine Hall.  



Image of students near RSC