Mission of Shocker Support Locker
The Shocker Support Locker, through the ongoing generosity of the Wichita State community and community partners seeks to empower Shockers along their journey at Wichita State University with temporary supplemental assistance. The Locker aims to alleviate food insecurity on campus and contribute to the overall health and wellbeing of our students, faculty, and staff, by providing a variety of nutritional and functional resources to Shockers at no cost.
The Shocker Support Locker is located in the Grace Wilkie Hall Room 103. We are open on Monday through Thursday from 10:00AM - 4:00PM (except when campus is closed). There is a variety of non-perishable food items such as canned fruits, vegetables, proteins, snacks, soups, meals and mixes, and grains and starches such as rice, noodles, and pasta.
To make the pantry as accessible and easy to use as possible, the only eligibility requirement is that individuals must be currently enrolled Wichita State students, or currently employed faculty/staff. Students and faculty/staff can use the pantry once per week, and may take up to 25 items per visit.
Campus food drives will be held throughout the year, as needed, to keep the pantry stocked. However, we will accept food donations year-round. If you would like to donate items to the pantry, we kindly ask that you donate items that fall into our donation wish list categories listed below. Donations can be dropped off in the Student Government Association office located in the Rhatigan Student Center, second floor, room 219. Individuals wishing to make monetary donations to the pantry may do so by following the steps below.
1. Visit the Shocker Support Locker contribution website.
2. Click the “Shocker Support Locker” icon.
3. Enter your contribution amount and enter payment information.
- PROTEINS: peanut butter, canned chicken/tuna, beans, canned chili, nuts
- FRUITS: canned fruits, applesauce, tomato juice, raisins, dried fruit
- GRAINS: pasta, rice, cereal, noodles, oatmeal
- MEALS & MIXES: baking mixes, soups, instant potatoes, mac and cheese, hamburger helper, spaghetti sauce
- SNACKS: granola bars, crackers, popcorn, pudding