MID Curriculum at a Glance
To complete the Masters of Innovation Design degree, you must complete a total of
30 credit hours.
Up to 6 hrs can come from Innovation in Practice and an additional 6 hrs can come from Project.
You can also choose other graduate courses from disciplines across campus, not listed below.
From learning the process to being able to facilate a Design Thinking Sprint - you will learn it all.
- ID 500 Design Thinking Process - impact of human centered design on products & services, build understanding of empathy, develop problem statements, cover tools needed to utilize design thinking, build vocabulary for design thinking practices.
- ID 501 Design Thinking Faciliation - build understanding of facilitation & its role in leadership, identify stakeholders and why they’re important, grow an understanding of different personalities & their impact, develop a tool kit of skills to implement design thinking within teams and organizations.
- ID 502 Design Thinking Implementation - utilize design thinking process, work within teams to tackle one or more design challenges provided by Fortune 100 company to innovate new ideas & solutions.
- ID 505 Design Thinking Challenges - utilizing design thinking process tackle one or more design challenges provided by Fortune 100 company and/or local start-ups to innovate new ideas & solutions.
Starting from cardboard to creating a fully developed prototype - you will be able to SHOW your idea, not just talk about it.
- ID 705a Practical Prototyoing - learn the basics of prototyping utilizing machines and tools in GoCreate.
- ID 752 Product, Service & Process Prototyping - this is a more in-depth prototyping course. You will learn how to utilize the machines at GoCreate, Groover Labs, and other industry partner labs to demonstrate and present your idea, product, or process.
- ID 840 Innovation in Practice - Built around experiential enrichment related to the broad topic of innovation. Topics such as intellectual property, branding, pitching, wire-framing, prototyping and funding are discussed in a group setting and may include guest speakers and/or visits to local companies.
- ID 841 Project - An independent study course for students undertaking the project development/creativity option for completion of the Master of Innovation Design.
All Links Below This Line of Text will take you to the Wichita State Admissions page.
If you want to speak to someone from The Institute of Innovation or Masters of Innovation Design program, click one of the links above.