Online Faculty Support
Wichita State Online offers an array of support services to help you develop courses and programs for online delivery. From course development, marketing and enrollment, or administrative support, our services will enable you and your department to deliver engaging learning opportunities to online students.
Online Program Proposals
Quality Matters Training (coming soon)
Online Course Support
Governance of Online Programs
Wichita State Online is operated by The Office of Online Learning who facilitates the development and delivery of Wichita State University's online courses and programs by providing tools and resources for students, faculty and staff.
The Office of Online Learning reports to the Associate Vice President for Strategic Enrollment Management, Dr. Carolyn Shaw.
The Online Learning Advisory Committee provides input into decisions regarding policies and procedures for the Office of Online Learning.
The Online Faculty Fellows provide quality assurance support for online course design and serve as ambassadors for online education at Wichita State.
Online Advisory Committee
In an effort to ensure that faculty, staff, and students have an input into decisions about policies and procedures for the Office of Online Learning, an advisory committee was established. Deans of each of the colleges nominate one faculty member to serve for a two year term. Other members include representatives from Unclassified Professionals:
- Barton School of Business: Sue Abdinnour, Professor and Omer Professor in Business, Department of Finance, Real Estate, & Decision Sciences (2018)
- Education: Jim Granada, Senior Fellow, Curriculum & Instruction (2019)
- Engineering: Bayram Yildirim, Professor, Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering (2018)
- Fairmount College of Liberal Arts and Sciences: Carrie Dickison, Online English Coordinator, English (2019)
- Fine Arts: Vacant
- Health Professions: Nicole Rogers, Aging Studies Program Director and Associate Professor, Department of Public Health Sciences (2018)
- Library: Mary Walker, Associate Professor and Electronic Resources Librarian (2018)
- Graduate Council Representative: Vacant
Additional resources for faculty are available through memberships that support online, hybrid, and technology-mediated teaching and learning.
Wichita State University subscribes to Quality Matters (QM) as its quality assurance model for the design of online courses. WSU's outcomes for adopting the QM processes are to:
- Validate online and blended course quality by an external process;
- Provide significant professional development opportunities for faculty;
- Raise quality assurance as a priority activity;
- Strengthen HLC accreditation package.
Online Learning Consortium
Wichita State University subscribes to Online Learning Consortium for its quality assurance model for the operation of online programs, The Quality Scorecard. OLC provides a wealth of professional development resources for WSU faculty and staff.
Request Support or Information
Contact The Office of Online Learning: email@example.com