"This office is a big support system for a lot of us adult learners. It’s nice to know you have somewhere to go" -Cynthia Pizzini, Marketing-Real Estate Major, Adult Learner
Let's do this together!
We understand that academic success requires more than just attending classes and completing assignments. Whether you're struggling with a particular subject or simply want to improve your study habits, our team is here to help.
At its core, it is a structured conversation that helps students set, make progress on, and achieve their unique academic and career goals. It is intended to be a student-driven, holistic, and collaborative process that meets students where they are on their academic journey.
Scheduling a Success Conversation can help students gain clarity on their goals, thoughts, and experiences, allowing them to build an action plan that will ultimately lead to increased satisfaction and successful outcomes in their academic and career journey. It can also provide accountability, allowing students to measure their progress and gain insight into their personal growth. Success Conversations may include but is not limited to:
- Managing time (identified by current adult learners as the #1 barrier to success)
- Identifying goals and creating specific plans for achieving them
- Obtaining organization tips
- Finding a listening ear for anything that feels relevant to your success
- Connecting to other resources related to success at WSU
- Shocker support locker
- Tutoring & other campus academic support resources
- Community resource