Now Accepting Applications!

Apply for admission to an online major at Wichita State University using our easy application portal. Admissions are done on a rolling basis - as long as all application materials are received and processed, we will admit for the next semester.

How to Apply for Undergraduate Online Programs

  • Complete the application at
  • Pay the $40 application fee
  • Submit official transcripts
  • Contact your academic advisor
  • Apply for Financial Aid at (WSU's FAFSA Code: 001950)
Undergraduate Application Steps Undergraduate Admission Requirements

How to Apply for Graduate Online Programs


We know that cost, value, affordability, scholarships and financial aid are important factors in the higher education search process. We're proud that WSU is one of the most affordable accredited research institutions in the state of Kansas.  

Once you have completed your application for admission, you can work with the Financial Aid Team on everything from completing your FAFSA to setting up a payment plan or asking your employer for tuition assistance. 

Financial Aid & Scholarship Steps:

Register & Enroll

Academic Calendar Learn about myWSU Portal Registration Process

Types of Incoming Student

I am new or would like to transfer to Wichita State

New & Transfer Student

If you are an adult learner with fewer than 24 credit hours, you must:
1. Have a minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA (on a 4.00 scale) on all previous college work.*
2. Have graduated from high school or have an overall score of 680 on the GED.

If you are an adult learner with no transfer work, you must:
Have graduated from high school or have an overall score of 680 on the GED.

*Certain academic colleges within Wichita State require students to meet a minimum GPA for admission to their colleges. The School of Business requires that incoming students have a minimum 2.25 GPA, and the College of Applied Studies and the College of Health Professions has GPA requirements that vary depending on major.

Apply Now

I am a returning student

Returning WSU Student

If you previously studied at Wichita State as an undergraduate degree-bound student (but not as a high school guest student, non-degree regular, non-degree open or college guest) and you would like to resume studying as an undergraduate after an absence, you do not need to apply for admission again.

Students whose previous enrollment was only in a non-degree category (high school guests, non-degree regular, non-degree open or college guests) who now wish to be degree bound, must apply for degree-bound admission. Apply at

If it has been less than two years since you last enrolled at WSU, you do not need to reactivate your file. You may visit with an advisor in your college for assistance in selecting classes and register/pay in the myWSU portal

If it has been two years or longer since you last enrolled, you must submit an online reactivation form to the Register's Office before you can register for classes.

Once you have completed this process, please reach out to the advisor of your intended major:

Contact Academic Advisor

I'd like to take college classes, but I don't want to earn a degree

Non-degree bound Student

Wichita State University admits nondegree students who have special interests in college credit work but no immediate degree objectives at Wichita State.
All students entering Wichita State for the first time must submit:
  • an application for admission
  • a nonrefundable $40 application fee
  • Please note, while transcripts from previous colleges are not required for guest admission, transcripts may be required to verify completion of prerequisite courses. 

Most common non-degree options are housed under the Office of Workforce Professional & Community Education (WPCE):

I am a current student BUT would like to switch majors

We ask our students to work closely with their academic advisors in regards to switching their majors. 

Contact Academic Advisor