Students define success differently. Our office helps students maximize their academic potential and reach their personal goals through a range of programs and services, regardless of personal background.
We are here for you.
We serve students in all academic majors, regardless of class or academic standing and in collaboration with many campus partners. We know navigating the university can be overwhelming, and we are eager to help you reach your goals.
- Success Coach appointments: Find out how a Success Coach can help by connecting here. All Coaches will have remote Student Hours (open drop-in times) scheduled on Tuesdays from 10 a.m. until noon when classes are in session. You can also call or email your coach to schedule an appointment, or request an appointment from myWSU.
- Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction (SI): If you want to improve your academic performance in your classes, visit the Shocker Learning Center. If your class has SI, connect with your SI leader in Blackboard. You may request a tutor from myWSU and work independently with your tutor to coordinate sessions.
- Student money management (OSMM): Do you have financial concerns or need strategies to make your money last longer? Schedule an appointment with a Peer Financial Coach by calling 316-978-3254 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need help transitioning to Wichita State as a new student, connect with First-Year Programs for information and peer support from a Transition Mentor.
- Study skills and strategies can be found here, including information about time management.
For assistance with your online instruction experience, visit the remote student website.
To learn about the most recent information regarding changes on campus, please visit our COVID site and look through the FAQs.
We understand this is a challenging time for our students.
If you need help managing anxiety or support for your mental health, please visit our partners in Counseling and Preventions Services.
If you are concerned about yourself or another member of our Shocker Community, please submit a concern with our Care Team.