Students define success differently. The mission of Student Success is to help all students maximize their potential and reach their personal goals through a range of support and services, from orientation to graduation.
We are here for you.
We serve students in all academic majors, regardless of class or academic standing, through a coordinated network of many campus partners. We know navigating the university can be overwhelming, and we are eager to help you reach your goals.
- Success Coach appointments: Find out how a Success Coach can help by connecting here. You can call or email your coach to schedule an appointment, or request an appointment directly from our Success Coach page.
- Tutoring and Supplemental Instruction (SI): If you want to improve your academic performance in your classes, visit the Shocker Learning Center. If your class has SI, connect with your SI leader in Blackboard. You may request a tutor from myWSU and work independently with your tutor to coordinate sessions.
- Student money management (OSMM): Do you have financial concerns or need strategies to make your money last longer? Schedule an appointment with a Peer Financial Coach by calling 316-978-3254 or email email@example.com.
- If you need help transitioning to Wichita State as a new student, connect with First-Year Programs for information and peer support from a Transition Mentor.
- Study skills and strategies can be found here, including information about time management.
For assistance with your online instruction experience, visit the remote student website.
If you need help managing anxiety or support for your mental health, please visit our partners in Counseling and Prevention Services.
If you are concerned about yourself or another member of our Shocker Community, please submit a concern with our Care Team.
Shocker Secrets to Success
Ever wonder how the other students seem to have it all together? Most likely, they have learned to succeed and survive the hard way. We've collected a number of resources right here to help you understand the secrets to success and help navigate the "hidden curriculum" - the things we assume you already know.