One Shocker Family is committed to being here for you and your student throughout your college journey. At Wichita State, we want parents and family to feel engaged and connected.
Many students attend college, but how many of them gain the full collegiate experience? It is estimated that more than 70 percent of what students learn during college results from out-of-class experiences.
The Office of Student Involvement helps connect students to the co-curricular and extracurricular programs that will help them enhance their experience while at Wichita State. Student Involvement coordinates an art gallery for budding artists, provides opportunities for service in local and global communities; fosters brotherhood and sisterhood through Greek life; offers programs for personal and leadership development; hosts social, cultural and educational programs and is home to a diverse collection of over 200 recognized student organizations. Even during the COVID-19 pandemic, Student Involvement has continued to offer virtual and remote activities to help students get involved and feel connected to Wichita State and their community.
Why Should Students Get Involved?
Research has shown that involvement in college leads to:
- More positivity about the college experience.
- More success at gaining employment after graduation and higher workplace satisfaction.
- Increased peer interaction, which correlates to positive growth in leadership ability, public speaking, and interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Integration into the campus community and the creation of a personalized college experience.
How Can Families Help?
- Encourage your student to get involved, try new things and explore their interests.
- Show an interest in your student’s involvement and participate in virtual events and programs that are important to them.
- Encourage your student to connect with their peers and involvement opportunities on a personal level.
Looking for Something?
Move In Day myWSU Course Schedule Academic Advising Writing Center Parking Reporting a Crisis Situation Shocker Alert Family Weekend Suicide Prevention Resources