Study Abroad Requirements
In order to apply for a Study Abroad Program, students must complete the following items.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 and some programs have some higher GPA requirements.
- Student must be currently enrolled in a full-time course of study at Wichita State University.
- Undergraduate students must have completed a minimum of 30 credit hours by the time of departure.
- Graduate students must have completed a minimum of 12 graduate credit hours by the time of departure.
- Student must apply for a study abroad program approved by the Office of International Education.
Please note that each program has a different application and the requirements can vary.
Study Abroad Deadlines
These are WSU Studyabroad application deadlines.
- For fall semester: February 15
- For spring semester: September 15
- Summer deadlines vary depending on the program: Usually between November 1 - March 1
*A late cancellation fee of $100 will be charged to the student if they cancel their study abroad program 30 or more days after the published deadlines in our publications for their specific program. For summer programs through independent providers, March 31 is the WSU study abroad cancellation deadline.