We are having a rowing clinic before the school year starts for all incoming/transfer/current WSU students interested in rowing at WSU. Details for the clinic are below. Send Rachel.email@example.com an email if you plan on attending by Wednesday, August 3rd.
- TIME: 1-6 p.m. with Check-in at 12:45 p.m.
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE: August 3, 2022
- LOCATION: River Vista Shocker Rowing Boathouse, 150 N McLean Blvd.
Parking will be available on the top level of the complex parking garage and street parking available on McLean.
- WHAT TO WEAR/BRING: athletic clothing suitable for outdoor/summer fitness work (no loose-fitting garments as they can get caught in the equipment), shoes suitable for running, socks (we require them in the shells), water bottle (water and ice will be available on-site) and sunscreen. You may wear a cap or head covering.
- Waiver: Each participant will be required to complete a liability waiver before participating. If you have already completed a waiver you will not need to complete a second one.
- CLINIC OBJECTIVES:
- If you have never attended a Shocker Rowing Clinic we will: Have an introduction of rowing terminology, equipment types and handling, ergometer work, dockside rowing, and then will progress to on the water rowing focused on fundamental techniques.
- If you attended the first clinic - we will: reinforce what you learned at the first clinic and then will continue to get comfortable on the water while learning more techniques.
If you would like to reserve a spot or have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.